NaviFirm+ is a modded version of the NAVIFIRM tool developed by EPICBIZNUS, I made the additional improvements documented in the Change-Log.
Below follows a brief description of the NAVIFIRM tool.
NAVIFIRM is the ultimate all-purpose tool for downloading Nokia firmware images, obtaining lists of product codes, and finding the right product code for your phone. NAVIFIRM downloads all this straight from Nokia's servers so you don't have to wait for people to post data packages and lists of product codes.
NAVIFIRM is useful for just about anyone:
End users: Find product codes to use with NSS/NSU
Journalists: Be the first to know when new firmware hits NSU
Developers: Download ROM images for extracting files
Care Suite/Phoenix/box users: Download ROM images to flash Additional NSU servers can be added by editing Main.cs in the source code.
NOTE: The main developer for this software is EPICBIZNUS, I have made the additional improvements which have been documented in the Change-Log.
For More Info:
Symbian Toys - Software NaviFirm+ to dowload the firmware of your Symbian smartphone
- New: Ported to .NET Framework 4.0
- New: Shows additional Product informations in the tooltip, including phone's image.
Note that the tooltip is disabled by default, if you want to enable it, you must change the NaviFirm.Config file in this way:
<setting name="ShowTooltip" serializeAs="String">
- New: added notifications about the current connection status and the amount of trasferred bytes
- Improved: .vpl file is now handled without showing any window (you can disable the .vpl parsing changing the NaviFirmPlus.exe.config)
- Improved: better data transfer speed
- Improved: connection engine has been rewritten
- Improved: minor changes to the status bar
- Fixed: crash when double-click on "Size" column
- Fixed: sorting on the "Size" column was not working proprerly
- New: it is now possibile to Download up to 20 files simultaneously. You just need to increase the Download Sessions limit (default value is 2).
- New: added option to automatically append the PC to the destination path
- New: the download manager has been rewritten from scratch. Using the new Download Queue you can enqueue all the fw files you need to download, while keeping to use NaviFirm+
- Improved: the Parse VPL checkbox has been removed, you can change this setting through the NaviFirmPlus.exe.config file
- Fixed: Bad layout on Chinese System
- Improved: Minor GUI changes
- Fixed: Error when downloading large files.
- New: Added filesize and filetype details.
- New: Parse VPL option, will automatically download and parse the VPL file and will select mandatory fw files.
- New: Added support for Nokia Care Suite Server! This server contains additional fw files, like the Drive E: 16Gb file for N8.
- Improved: At startup will use the latest server choosen by the user.
- Fixed: The connection to the Quality Assurance server wasn't working properly.
- Fixed: Due to some old debug code I forgot, NaviFirm+ unexpectedly closed itself after the 20 December.
- Fixed: Crash on Windows 7
- Improved: From now on this software, available on Symbian-Toys.com website, will be named NaviFirm+ in order to distinguish it from other variants.
- Improved: Download window provides detailed informations about the downloads
- New: Can be embedded as NokiaCooker's plugin
- New: Added Caching
- New: Advanced Filter for Results
- New: Copy URLs to ClipBoard. This feature can be used to download files using any extenal Download Manager you like.
- Improved: Columns can be resized
- Improved: Window can be resized